Aircel | Telecom Customer Care

Aircel | Introduction

Aircel Limited was an Indian mobile network operator with headquarters in Gurgaon offering voice and 2G and 3G data services. Maxis Communications has a 74% stake and Sindhi Securities and Investments has the remaining 26% stake. Aircel was founded by Chinnakanan Shivshankaran and in 1999 started operation in Tamil Nadu. This was once a market leader in Tamil Nadu and there was a considerable presence in Odisha, Assam and North-East telecom circles. Due to the failure to merge with Reliance Communications, the voice was closed in all the circles, including 2G and 3G services.

HeadquartersOpus Centre, 47, Central Road, MIDC, Andheri, Mumbai, MaharashtraIndia
ServicesMobile telephony, wireless broadband
RevenueUS$ 1.159 billion (2012)[4]
OwnersMaxis (74%)[5]
Apollo Hospitals (Sindya Securities and Investments 26%[6]
Websiteaircel.com


History


Aircel was founded by Chinnakanan Shivshankaran from Koviloor, Chair, Thiruvannamalai and started operations in Tamilnadu Telecom Circle in 1999. [7] It became one of the leading operators in Tamil Nadu and one of the fastest growing mobile operators in India. [7] Malaysian telecommunications company Maxis Communications purchased a 74% stake in the company from Shivshankaran in 2005. The remaining 26% stake is organized by investment promoted by Sunita Reddy, managing director of Scindia Securities and Investola Hospital. In 2012, as part of a major restructuring in its operations, the company reduced its operations in five telecom circles, i.e. in Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Haryana, Kerala, and Punjab. In April 2015, Aircel resumed its service in Kerala. [8] [9] On September 14, 2016, Reliance Communications and Aircel announced the merger of its mobile network operations. After the merger, the joint entity was expected to become India's fourth largest telecommunications operator during the consumer base and revenue period. [10] A year later, however, both companies called the deal, citing regulatory and legal issues.


Aircel had planned to stop operations in non-profit circles including Gujarat, Maharashtra, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, and Uttar Pradesh (West) from January 30, 2018. [12] The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has asked Aircel to report the number of customers ported to Aircel in these six circles. In cases where the porting process could not be completed, TRAI asked for its reasons. [13] After the failed merging deal of Reliance, Aircel had considered a merger with Bharti Airtel, whose chairman Sunil Mittal had said in November 2017 that Airtel was "open to acquisition talks". By December 2017, Aircel was less than the debt of about 16,000 crores ($ 2.2 billion).

Aircel Services

Aircel offer voice calling with 2G/3G/4G Data.

3G

On May 19, 2010, 3G spectrum auction was concluded in India. Aircel paid 65 billion for spectrum in 13 circles: Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Jammu & Kashmir, Karnataka, Kerala, Kolkata, Madhya Pradesh, and Chhattisgarh, North East, Odisha, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh East and West Bengal [15] He paid 1.44 billion US dollars (₹ 79.1 billion) for the 3G spectrum. The company has approximately 5 million 3G customers in November 2012. Aircel has introduced new price plans for its consumers and is considered the cheapest in the country. After the major players in 3G, Aircel reduced its 3G tariff. [16] In 2011, Apple became the launch partner for Apple iPhone 4 with Aircel Bharti Airtel.

4G

In June 2010, Aircel paid 3.43.38 billion rupees for achieving the wireless broadband spectrum in eight circles: Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar and Jharkhand, Jammu & Kashmir, North East, Odisha, Tamilnadu, and West Bengal. [18] Aircel launched 4G services in Tamilnadu and Jammu and Kashmir in August 2014, which became the only private telecommunications operator to offer all three existing technologies of 2G, 3G, and 4G in these markets. Chinese equipment maker ZTE announced on December 30, 2013, that it won the contract to deploy 4Gthe broadband network for Aircel based on LTE technology. The LTE network will be launched in Tamil Nadu and later it will be expanded to other circles. [20] [21] On 16 July 2014, he launched 4G services in four circles Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, and Odisha.

Customer Care Number Of Aircel

Here, you can get the Aircel Prepaid customer care number, toll-free number, and common Aircel customer care number. 
Note:- That this Aircel customer care number 24*7 i.e. it works every day and every minute, so you no need to worry about the timing.
  • Aircel Customer care number: 121 (for Aircel users, it may be chargeable at 50p/3min)
  • Aircel Customer care number: +91 9716012345 (from any other networks)
  • Aircel Customer Care number: 198 (Toll-Free Number)
  • Aircel Customer care (Region Wise):- Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment